Monday, June 20, 2016

10 things NOT to say to a new mom



When you have a baby, you notice that some people really lose all filters when it comes to giving their opinions. If you have children of your own, you've probably heard a lot of these yourself. If you don't have any children and you're not sure what is OK to say to a new mom and what is not, here's my list of things you should definitely NOT say to her:


1. "Wow, your baby sure cries a lot." Thanks, Sherlock.

2. "Have you lost all the pregnancy weight yet?" No, anything else?



3. "Baby doesn't sleep much, does he? You look exhausted." Thank you.

4. "Do all babies have pimples like that?" Yes.

5. "Newborn babies are so wrinkly, they're not that cute until they are at least a month old." Get out.

6. "Soooo, when is he going to start growing hair?" I don't know, ask him.

7. "I know so many kids named Adam." Good for you.

8. "My friend Molly has three kids and her house is always spotless." Good for Molly.

9. "My friend Tanya's kid is the same age as your baby and can hold his head up much longer than your baby." OK, but my baby is the cutest one in the world, so I win.

10. "He's growing really fast. You shouldn't nurse him so often or he'll be obese." Great advice, doctor.


(P.S.: This article is meant as a joke, please don't get offended, ok? :) )
What is the most ridiculous thing you've heard someone say to a new mom? Let me know in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. "Look at her chubby cheeks. I think fat babies are the cutest" emmm did you just call my baby fat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucie, I'm loving your blog! Give me 4 months and I'll have some experience with this too! Ps totally miss you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, so glad you like it :) Can't wait to hear about your adventures, you're gonna be the best mom ever! Miss you, too!

      Delete
  3. Love your blog! You have a hand for writing! This article definitely made me laugh.. but hey! We all know #5 is true!! :DDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe, but a mom never wants to hear that, trust me :D

      Delete
  4. "He is soooooooo big" or Your baby is huuuuuuuge" repeated at least each Sunday. Well, my baby won't get tiny within a week thanks to your comment..

    "Is he already crawling? No? My baby started at 6 months."... Good for you. Or good for me maybe :)

    "I think he is hungry." - repeated one million times during one visit each time he cries, whimpers or sucks him thumb. Do they really think I'm not feeding my baby?

    "I don't like how skittish he is." - day after vaccination when the baby is really grumpy and cries during the whole visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and "When are you going to have second one." - my baby is 7 months :)

    ReplyDelete