Friday, October 28, 2016

Happy half-brithday, baby!

Sooo, my boy turned six months this past Monday. What?! I also realised that the last blog post I wrote was about him turning 6 weeks, and I felt very ashamed. A lot has changed in the past 4 and half months (except for my weight, that hasn't changed at all, sigh), baby's a lot more aware of everything and also doesn't require to be held every minute of every day, which is amazing. His eyes are still blue, which means they will probably stay like that. It's probably the only feature that he got from me, so it makes me very happy.





The most recent milestone that he hit was rolling over. At first I was super excited, because he was a little late to the party and I was starting to get a little worried. But then he got really into it and it took me over two hours to get him to go to sleep the other night, because he kept rolling over to his tummy and smiling proudly at me. So now I have mixed feelings about it.

Another big step is that he's eating solids now. Well, more like smearing them all over himself and throwing stuff on the floor at this point, but it's still fun. I decided not to do purées and skip to real food instead (it's called baby-led weaning) and it's been going really well for us so far. It also makes the diapers quite interesting.

 

We also went abroad two times in these past four months. First to Imst, Austria, which was a lot of fun, because we got to stay in a hotel (which meant no cleaning for 10 days, yay). We also went on our first family vacation with the baby. We went to Sardinia and it was a-mazing. It was significantly more adventurous than our Austria trip, because we were staying in our van the whole two weeks, but since we're hard core on the inside, we totally enjoyed it. Baby got to go to the beach and swim in the sea (which he hated, but never mind). He had a taste of mango ice cream (#terribleparents still going strong with us) and he loooooved it. He was a big hit for all the local ladies, too. I don't even know how many times someone called him 'amore', but it was a lot. 


I am still thoroughly enjoying my new life as a mom. Though, sometimes I wish I could get my self to be a little more productive. My severe case of 'mom-brain' isn't helping. I constantly forget things and often struggle to put a meaningful sentence together. But baby cracks up when I make fart noises with my mouth, so it's all good.

P.S.: He's adored by my fur babies as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment